Picture

I’ve never ever officially been punched in the face by a jealous boyfriend in my life, but I’ve come close on a few occasions. Granted, those times were mostly in my younger days, but I feel liek that is the best way to answer the question people always seem to want to ask me when they findout that I write erotic romance.
There’s a good chance that you are reading this right now and have no idea who the hell I am. The internet has made it easier for people to answer just about any question they may have, so if you’re so inclined, I’ll let you use it to do just such a thing at the moment. But please, try to stay focused while you are out there searching. I don’t want you coming back here with spoilers about the next episode of The Walking Dead.
I was a terrible flirt back in my younger days. I can actually hear the eyerolls. “Younger days”. But it’s true. I had a slow start with girls, not actually having my first kiss until I was 16. Which would astound you if you’d known me back then, because I was super-cute and a hot commodity at my high school when it came to the ladies. But after that kiss, I quickly became quite enamoured with the female population.
I am well aware that women as a species (and what a glorious species it is) love the idea of the chase. Women love to be pursued. They love to be wooed and seduced. What I don’t think a lot of women ever fully know or appreciate, is that men enjoy it just as much. It’s true, the culmination of the flirting and courting is the main goal, don’t get it twisted, the flirting and chasing and seducing is fun, but I do eventually want to have my hands all over that body, girl. And that I think is what led me to the place in my writing career that I am at now. I found a way to use writing, to use my words to seduce women en masse, without the threat of a punch to the nose.
Liek in the latest book I co-authoured with my writing partner and friend Sable Hunter. The lead male in the book, Micah Wolfe, is the quintessential flirt. Never does Micah miss an opportunity to make a women blush in his presence. I find I can connect better with a character liek this, with a character in a story who finds himself so utterly and completely consumed with a woman that he almost can’t help himself, he acts over the top, he enjoys her attention as much as she enjoys his and he’ll take risks to get it. Writing what I do gives me that opportunity. It gives me that opportunity to have that thrill of that first meeting of the characters. It gives me the opportunity to live that moment over and over and over again, that moment where he sees her and right away he knows he wants to spend more time with her. It’s liek writing a first date, a first kiss, a first touch of bare skin, again and again and again.
Male or female, we all know that feeling, the rush, those butterflies of nervousness we all get when you meet someone and it just clicks, or you meet them and it doesn’t click, but by God do you ever want it to click. And that’s what I found in the books that I write. I’ll be honest, I don’t know why more writers and especially male writers, don’t give it a shot.
But then again, maybe it’s better for me that they don’t 

*Article taken from The Book Escape Ezine

Connect with Ryan O'Leary on Facebook.

Comments

Christine LaCombe
04/27/2016 11:46am

This is great Ryan, I love the books you cowrite with Sable. I just finished Micah's story and it was a fantastic read. Actually I have loved all of the Equalizers so far!!

04/27/2016 1:05pm

I remember J Closet, I always enjoy your writing. I wondered about Micah being a Erotic writer, I could see your influence. LOL

04/27/2016 2:12pm

This was great. It is always nice getting a man's point of view. I love the books you have co-written with Sable and I do remember J.'s Closet. I read Micah's story and he has a special place in my heart. Yes, I loved the book. Thank you for sharing with us.

06/17/2016 6:13am

Sable Hunter/Rebecca Schaefer are very popular authors especially in new york times. they can be essay writing helper the vocabulary, the plot and the story they share in their books have always been amusing.

06/24/2016 7:09am

I discovered an excellent knowledge on your blog site. I also advise this blog site with my friends

06/26/2016 7:52am

Routine potential buyers right here are how to regards for a time, of which is why So i am travelling to the blog regular, on the lookout for latest, significant material. A large number of, thank you!

08/08/2016 11:25am

This is absolutely a very informative post, I got something new here. Thanks!

09/10/2016 6:37am

A web logs are actually amazing! You possess presented everybody that i are able to be able to write compatible with I just ever previously concept I was able to.

09/10/2016 8:32am

That i regarded away your blog given that Relating to over heard a huge amount of related to an individual's articles or blog posts. Relieved to speak about, any rumor well said; that you're not bad at the. I wanted some sort of to assist you to my family for that continued assignment My organization is doing.

09/11/2016 7:39am

Analyzing ones own blogging causes all of us like to craft large numbers of. Used to do an important which is relatively shocked through. The application probably are not achieved with your grade though it’s spectacular. We can distribute one the actual hyperlink to aid you to measure the application for my situation if you can not your head.

09/12/2016 8:20am

Promptly this url might unquestionably end up legendary in between every writing many people, due to the meticulous articles and reviews and ratings.

09/18/2016 3:23am

This is also a very good post which i really enjoyed reading. It is not everyday that i have the possibility to see something.

10/03/2016 8:06am

I enjoy a person's posting. Its fine to check out you actually explain in words with the soul plus resolution during this vital matter is often without difficulty viewed. specifics perspective web-site.